Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 21: 27 Weeks

Today is Halloween.

Emory has a school Halloween performance and costume parade for all the parents/grandparents and I can't be there.

My heart hurts.

I know it's not that big of a deal, but I have never missed anything before and I hate it. How do you explain to a 4 year old that you just can't be there? I hope she understands how much I want too, I get a lump in my throat and my eyes swell up just thinking about it.

She is the cutest Dorothy I ever did see.


So far Emory has adjusted well to me being hospitalized. My Mom has been an incredible help at keeping her on schedule and making her life feel normal. I really can't thank her enough, she has dropped everything to come and help us out. I will forever be grateful. I'm sure Em and my Mom will always have a special bond from this experience alone.

Today I got invited to a patient playgroup. Ok, it was just a get together with other patients on bed rest but my sister called it a "patient playgroup" and I find it rather fitting. I put on my best sweats and my mom even braided my hair...fancy.

I met 3 other woman on bed rest and 2 that had recently delivered. It's amazing what some woman go through to get babies here safely.

We painted pumpkins and chatted away for about an hour. It was just what I needed.


My doctors took me off of a medication today that was giving me bad headaches. It is used to stop contractions, but after 2 uneventful hours on the monitors (and off the meds) we determined that the medicine was no longer needed. Good bye headaches.

I am now officially 27 weeks. I couldn't be happier about that.



2 comments:

  1. you are amazing! i'm sorry you are going through this and so glad you have such an amazing attitude - impressive.

    and adorable pumpkin, as expected :o)

    so glad your mom is able to be there. keep hanging in there! sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new blog of yours! It is the perfect way to remember this experience and keep everyone updated!

    ReplyDelete