Monday, November 19, 2012

A Rough Night: Day 41

I've been pretty lucky so far. In the last 5 1/2 weeks I have only had a couple of rough nights. Unfortunately, Friday night was a doozie.

At 10 pm I started having a couple of contractions. My lower back would ache and my belly would tighten. The nurse hooked me up to the monitor and I was having contractions about every 8 minutes. They were not super painful, but noticeable.

I then started to get nauseous and a large lump formed in my throat, it felt like I had swallowed something that didn't go completely down. Every time I would lay down, my throat burned. This was followed by vomiting, chills, and more contractions.

They quickly gave me an IV, pumped me full of fluids so I didn't get dehydrated, and put me on medications to try and stop the contractions.

All of the symptoms lasted until 5 am. At one point I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. We were concerned that I was dilating and would need to deliver. Luckily, I was still only dilated to a 4 and the contractions stopped shortly after. At 6 am I was finally able to get to sleep, I was exhausted! Yay for staying pregnant!

This weekend my Dad came to visit. It was a nice distraction from my regular routine and we had lots of fun. We played lots of games, ate yummy food, and went for several wheelchair rides. That's about as exciting as things can possibly get around these parts!

This morning both my parents left. I am super sad to see them go, but I know they will be back once baby boy arrives.  Hopefully not for at least a couple of weeks!

On Wednesday I turn 30 weeks...amazing.


  1. Cade looked at all the pictures on your blog with me today. He told me that we should go visit Nano in the hospital! I would in a heartbeat! Wish we could be there with you... I promise, we would cause LOTS of distractions! We are like a circus around here! Now... just hang on to at least Wednesday - 30 weeks! So awesome!

  2. Glad you made it through the rough night! Only a few more days until 30 weeks- congrats!!

  3. I completely forgot that you had this blog. I guess I should follow it since it's my only form of communication. FYI... Lyla is climbing up my back and trying to peek over my shoulder at the pictures. She keeps yelling "MAMA!!!" like she's mad I won't let her see. We should skype. CALL ME!!!

  4. What an aweful night! I am glad your ok though and still preggers! I'll make sure to keep praying for you :0)

  5. You're doing awesome Danielle! Glad your sweet family is there to help distract you and keep you sane--I'm sure you're bored.