Thursday, November 29, 2012

Headache Headache Go Away!

Yesterday marked 7 full weeks of hospital bed rest.

Wow, it's kind of hard to believe that I have been in here that long. Especially when I start thinking of all the things I haven't done for almost 2 months. Most of the things are simple, but I must admit I miss them..

  • Driving or riding in a car
  • Taking and picking Emory up from school. I miss watching how excited she gets everyday when she sees me.
  • Walking & running.
  • My condo. It may only be a little shack, but I sure miss that place
  • Taking baths. My favorite thing about winter, if I had my choice, I would take one everyday.
  • Cooking dinner. Never thought I would miss this, but I can't wait to cook/bake again

Hopefully in a couple months, when life is back to normal, I can remember how much I missed the simple things.

Unfortunately, the longer my stay, the worse my headaches get. Monday night I had another contraction flare-up, which meant I was put back on a dose of Nifedipine. Although it seems to slow down my contractions, it aggressively ramps up my headaches. Since taking that dose, I haven't been able to get rid of them and I am constantly popping pills to manage the pain.

Yesterday Emory went to Idaho to spend the week with Zack's parents. She was so excited, she sure loves spending time with them, and I love that they are so willing to take her.

Zack left this morning for Baltimore and then New York. He has 4 residency interviews within the next week, which means this baby better stay put so his Dad is around for the big day.

Here's to hoping for an uneventful week!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your uneventful week. I hope your head ache goes away. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a quiet week, and I hope the headaches go away. Maybe they could get you a different pillow to try and change the way pressure hits your neck and head?

    ReplyDelete